There are several international treaties that relate to intellectual property, but laws relating to this are not uniform across the world. In general…
COPYRIGHT law protects the expression of an original idea recorded in a tangible form, such as artwork in the form of photographs or paintings and literary works in the form of poems or stories.
TRADEMARK law protects the use of words, symbols, designs or logos that identify and distinguish a source of goods.
PUBLICITY RIGHTS protect an individual’s name, image and likeness.
A NOTE ON FAIR USE: In some circumstances, it is possible to use a copyrighted work without infringing the owner’s copyright. For example, in many countries, copyrights are limited by the doctrine of “fair use,” which permits certain uses of copyrighted material, such as parody, satire, and social commentary. Trends-Search's accepts designs from independent artists who are informed and have agreed to Trend-Search's' policies concerning the intellectual property rights of others. All artist’s certify that their design is entirely their work and does not infringe upon the rights of others.
Notice and Takedown Procedure - Reports and Complaints
Trends-Search.com respects the intellectual property rights of others and we insist our designers to do the same.
If you believe that your content has been used in a way that constitutes an infringement of your rights, please notify Trends-Search.com's designated agent for complaints (contact email below) by sending a Notice and Take-down Report, which must include the following important information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the relevant matter;
- A description of the matter claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of where the claimed infringing content is located on the Trends-Search website. URLs should be in the following form: https://www.trends-search.com/products/name-of-design.
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the owner, its agent, or the law;
- the above information is accurate; and
- you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the rights involved
Trends-Search Designated Agent for complaints can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org